WHO IS IT FOR?
This RQF level 3 course qualifies individuals to become a Mental Health First Aider or Wellbeing Champion in their workplace. This course is an excellent way for you and your organisation to improve understanding of the main signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions, to give individuals the confidence to discuss workplace mental health with colleagues and reduce the stigma associated with mental health. It also provides an opportunity to start creating a workplace action plan to build a positive and proactive workplace mental health strategy for your organisation.
This course is delivered virtually over Zoom across 3 dates and you can choose to join our AM sessions or our PM sessions.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
During three two-hour sessions and via guided independent learning, we will cover a broad range of topics :
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- How to spot signs and symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, self-harm, eating disorders, suicide, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Describe the support & therapy provided by professional healthcare providers for the following mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Self-harm, Suicide, Eating disorders, Personality disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Psychosis, Schizophrenia
- First aid action plan for mental health
- Mental health in the workplace
- Demonstrate the First Aid Action Plan for Mental Health
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The six-hour course held over Zoom is £200 + VAT per delegate, which includes all course materials, including resources for independent learning and qualification to receive a level 3 certificate on successful completion of the course.
If you would like to train a group of four or more individuals from your organisation, contact us to arrange a bespoke course with dates to suit you.
HOW LONG DOES THE COURSE LAST?
This course is held in three taught two-hour sessions over Zoom and 4-hours of guided independent learning.
Choose a set of dates from the drop down menu to book your place, call or email us for further information or help with your booking or to discuss dates and options for a bespoke course for your organisation.