WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is suitable for individuals within the organisation who will be taking on the role of Mental Health First Aider or Wellbeing Champion. It gives learners the skills and knowledge to recognise signs and symptoms of a mental health condition, the tools to start conversations with individuals who may be experiencing challenges with their mental health and the expertise to signpost those individuals to next step support. It also provides individuals with the ability to help develop a proactive action plan for positive mental health across the whole organisation, as well as supporting them to reduce the stigma often associated with poor mental health in workplaces.
This course is run virtually with a real trainer via Zoom. (If you would like to attend a face-to-face course, either held in your workplace or at our own training venue, please let us know and we will be happy to help).
KEY TOPICS COVERED
During three two-hour sessions and via guided independent learning, we will cover a broad range of topics :
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- How to spot signs and symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, self-harm, eating disorders, suicide, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Describe the support & therapy provided by professional healthcare providers for the following mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Self-harm, Suicide, Eating disorders, Personality disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Psychosis, Schizophrenia
- First aid action plan for mental health
- Mental health in the workplace
- Demonstrate the First Aid Action Plan for Mental Health
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The six-hour course held over Zoom is £180 + VAT per delegate, which includes all course materials, including resources for independent learning and qualification to receive a level 3 certificate on successful completion of the course.
If you would like to train a group of four or more individuals from your organisation, contact us to arrange a bespoke course with dates to suit you.
HOW LONG DOES THE COURSE LAST?
This course is held in three taught two-hour sessions over Zoom and 4-hours of guided independent learning.
Choose a set of dates from the drop down menu to book your place, call or email us for further information or help with your booking or to discuss dates and options for a bespoke course for your organisation.